Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. This delicious and versatile stuffed squash with rich, deep flavors makes a great cold-weather meal. You can use your favorite sausage and adjust the seasonings. Made this last night using a good quality hot italian sausage basmati rice and fresh mint from my garden.
The smokiness and the sweet bite from the bell peppers make this smoked sausage and peppers with rice dish a perfect weeknight meal when you've got other things to worry. Add the chorizo and veggie mixture and add an egg to each bowl. Combine cooked rice, sausage, and vegetable mix in large bowl. You can cook Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl
- It's 1/2 stick of butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of smoked sausage, cubed.
- It's 1/2 of of a large onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of small/medium yellow squash, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 head) of chopped cabbage.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Good pinch crushed red pepper.
- It's 1 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- You need 6 of green onions including green part, chopped.
- Prepare of Rice:.
- It's 3 cups of water or broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- It's Pinch of salt.
Stuff cavities of squash with filling and mound on top to use all filling. When savory charred sausage meets sweet butternut squash and blueberries, it's a match made in heaven. Put the squash in a heatproof bowl, add a splash of water and cover with cling film. Mash half the squash and add to the pan along with the sausage meatballs and Parmesan.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl instructions
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover..
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes..
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions..
It's my favorite style of breakfast! Today, I want to show you two simple recipes. This Onion Bowl is one of Katie's favorite breakfast items. This dish is all about combining the natural sweetness of the onion with the saltiness of soy sauce. The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat - from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now.