Lighter Chicken Caesar Salad.
You can cook Lighter Chicken Caesar Salad using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lighter Chicken Caesar Salad
- Prepare 4 of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 5 ml of veg oil.
- It's 4 of romaine lettuce.
- It's 200 g of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 2 of ciabatta rolls.
- Prepare of Sea salt and ground black pepper to season.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare 8 g of Anchovy fillets.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Tesco light mayonnaise.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of water.
Lighter Chicken Caesar Salad instructions
- Firstly make the dressing by putting the anchovy fillets and garlic into a pestle and mortar and grounding it into a paste. Add the paste to the mayonnaise and mix together. Carefully add the water a little at a time till you get your required consistency. Cut the chicken breasts into 1cm thick slices, brush the oil over a large non-stick frying pan and cook for 3 minutes, turn the chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes until browned. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked through..
- Arrange the lettuce in a serving bowl or plate, half the cherry tomatoes and scatter over. Slice the ciabatta rolls horizontally through the middle and pop in the toaster, when ready cut them into cubes and add to the salad plate along with the chicken. Drizzle over the dressing and serve while the chicken is still warm. The dressing is very versatile so any leftover can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days and used on other salads… Very thrifty!!.