Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage. I absolutely love hot dogs, served with sticky balsamic onions and a crunchy, fresh slaw on the side. Rachel Khoo's Caraway and cabbage quiche. Today I am sharing how to make red onion hot dog sauce.
Different areas of the world have local variations on the type of meat used, condiments, and means of preparation, which are enumerated below. Hot dogs are very popular throughout the United States. The red cabbage sauerkraut is made of sautéed red onion with red cabbage, some apple cider vinegar and caraway seeds. You can have Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage
- Prepare of -------------hotdogs-----------.
- You need of hotdogs, I used beef.
- You need of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of medium onions.
- It's of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's of seasoned salt.
- Prepare of honey.
- It's of mild cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need of ------------cabbage-----------.
- Prepare of medium Granny Smith apples.
- You need of red cabbage finely chopped.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of large carrot shredded.
- You need of raisins.
- You need of mayonnaise.
I really love this red cabbage "sauerkraut", as the original one is pretty hard to find especially a good one and even more difficult during. Find out how to make hot dogs & pickled cabbage with our easy pickling recipe. Get inspired by our mouth-watering recipes using Add the griddled hot dogs, sprinkle over some of the caramelised onions and top with the quick pickled cabbage salad. hot dogs are red, violets are blue. Just imagine if you've been served a jumbo I remember saving the paper and carrying it around just to smell the chili and onions.
Hotdogs, onions, and red cabbage step by step
- Cut the hotdogs into thirds..
- Remove the core from apples and shred the apples. Mix with lemon juice..
- Shred the carrot, mix with raisins, add the apples, mayonnaise, salt, and cabbage, mix together, and set aside..
- Heat a pan. Finely chop the onions and add to the dry pan, stirring quite often..
- When the onions have cooked for 5 minutes, add the vinegar and honey..
- Add olive oil mixing together all the ingredients in pan. add hotdogs..
- Mix well. When hotdogs are heated and coated well add cheese and cover. Remove from heat keep covered for ten minutes..
- Serve with the cabbage mixture, I hope you enjoy!.
Cook thinly sliced cabbage and onions into a tender, sweet side dish perfect for fall and winter meals. Thinly slicing and slowly cooking the cabbage and onions bring out their essential sweet nature, and makes a mellow, warming side dish for cold weather roasts. Van Gogh could not have chosen a simpler subject: some onions and a few red cabbages. Plain old hot dogs are transformed into amazing hot dogs! Spicy and tangy but not overwhelming.