Chicken Pot Pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
Chicken pot pie is easily one of the most popular recipes stateside with many different variations within the US. To many food enthusiasts, the dish can be considered among the top ten must-try American. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- You need 2 C. of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
- You need 1 3/4 C. of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of flour.
- You need 1/3 C. of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 C. of milk, divided.
- Prepare 1 C. of Bisquick.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly, add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 min or until onion is fragrant and soft..
- Add to the skillet flour, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 C. milk slowly and continue stirring until sauce has thickened..
- Bring chicken and vegetables to skillet and mix well..
- In a small bowl combine bisquick, remaining milk and egg..
- Pour filling into baking dish and pour Bisquick batter over top and spread to even out. Pop it in the oven for 30 min. Enjoy!.
How to make chicken pot pie. To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. For the chicken: Start by putting the chicken in a pot and covering it with water. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. If the last chicken pot pie you ate came from a little green box in the freezer section, you've been missing out on arguably the most classic — and most indulgent — of chicken dinners.