Easy and Authentic Crispy Pie Crust.
You can cook Easy and Authentic Crispy Pie Crust using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy and Authentic Crispy Pie Crust
- You need of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Butter (chop into small pieces and chill in fridge until right before using).
- Prepare of Cold water.
- You need of *Any filling (the photo on top is a bite-sized apple pie).
Easy and Authentic Crispy Pie Crust step by step
- Take the butter out of the fridge. Put into a the food processor along with the dry ingredients..
- Blend until the butter is only slightly grainy and flaky (you could also do this by hand using a pastry scraper)..
- Add cold water and blend until the batter comes together (or use a pastry scraper)..
- Don't worry if it's still a little floury. If the batter comes together, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes..
- Take it out of the fridge. Sandwich between plastic wrap or parchment paper and roll it out..
- Fold into thirds..
- Fold again into thirds until 2 to 3 cm in thickness. Wrap in plastic and let sit in the freezer for roughly 20 minutes..
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 for 2-3 times to finish the dough. Preheat the oven to 220℃..
- Form into your preferred shapes and thickness, and add fillings if you wish. To improve the color, brush a beaten egg (not listed) on top, if you wish..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes (adjust baking time to the size and thickness of the pies). Done!.
- *Here's how the layers turned out..
- *I've made mille-feuille with this crust, too..
- *Here's how the mille-feuille turned out from the side..