Apple Cinnamon Rolls.
You can have Apple Cinnamon Rolls using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- You need of Warm Milk.
- You need of Dry Yeast.
- You need of & 3/4 cups Bread Flour *plus extra for kneading.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It's of Cardamom Seeds *removed from pods, ground.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Egg *lightly whisked, save 1 tablespoonful for glazing.
- It's of Butter *melted.
- It's of <Filling>.
- Prepare of Caster Sugar *OR Brown Sugar if you prefer.
- You need of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Butter *melted.
- Prepare of Apple.
- You need of Sultanas OR Raisins *optional.
Apple Cinnamon Rolls step by step
- Warm Milk slightly, add Yeast and stir, then set aside for 5 minutes..
- Combine Bread Flour, Sugar, ground Cardamom Seeds and Salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the Yeast mixture, Egg (save 1 tablespoonful for glazing) and melted Butter. Mix well to form a soft dough..
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes, gradually adding extra Flour as required, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- Cut Apple into 5mm cubes, cook in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon Water until slightly softened. Set aside and cool..
- Place Sugar, Cinnamon and melted Butter in a small bowl and mix well. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 3-4mm thin. Spread Sugar & Cinnamon mixture, scatter Apple pieces and Sultanas evenly. Roll up and cut into 16 slices.
- Place on a baking tray. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat oven to 180℃..
- Gently brush with remaining Egg, then bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned. *Note: You may wish to dust with Powdered Sugar or drizzle with Icing. Find how to make Icing at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/12698827-cinnamon-rolls.