Chicken couscous salad. Chicken Salad with Couscous. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Meal prep made easy with this completely delicious Moroccan chicken couscous salad recipe. Make a big batch and feast all week long.
Store-bought rotisserie chicken saves time in the kitchen, while a tangy-sweet dressing tossed with crispy vegetables and couscous cranks out the sophisticated flavor in this simple chicken dish. Use up leftover roast chicken in this simple and healthy chicken salad. Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over some boiling water (it should cover the grains by a couple of centimetres or so). You can have Chicken couscous salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken couscous salad
- You need 250 ml of couscous.
- You need 250 ml of stock, vegetable or chicken, hot.
- You need 400 g (1 can) of chickpeas in brine.
- You need As needed of oil, olive.
- You need 200 g of tomatoes, cherry.
- You need 100 g of cucumber.
- It's 200 g of cabbage, red.
- You need 1 of whole chicken, roasted.
- Prepare As needed of vinegar, balsamic.
- It's of TT salt and pepper.
DIRECTIONS While chicken cools, add couscous to broth; stir well. Place couscous in a large bowl; cool completely. This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat. Its ingredients include chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cucumber, and bell pepper.
Chicken couscous salad instructions
- Add couscous and hot stock in bowl. Cover with cling wrap or lid and leave for 5-10 minutes..
- Drain chickpeas. Toast in 180°C oven for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil after toasting and add to couscous..
- Cut tomatoes lengthwise in quarters. Add to couscous..
- Slice cucumber in quarters. Add to couscous..
- Chiffonade cabbage. Add to couscous..
- Shred chicken with hands or fork in small pieces. Add to couscous..
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
While I was in college and studying nutrition/wellness, the number one I've made this particular couscous salad a few times - once as a dinner with some grilled chicken, and another. Chicken Couscous Salad recipe: Serve with greek burgers with feta aioli. This is a tasty summer recipe! This couscous salad with its roasted squash and citrusy vinaigrette bridges the gap. While the squash and onions are roasting, you can plump the cranberries and make the couscous.