Hot and sour soup. This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal taste preferences, and so delicious! Hot and sour soup is a soup from Asian culinary traditions.
Common key ingredients in the American Chinese version include bamboo shoots, toasted sesame oil. The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. You can have Hot and sour soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and sour soup
- You need 1 of onion finly chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato finly chopped.
- You need 2 of green chilli finly chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrot finly chopped.
- It's 1/2 of cabbage finly chopped.
- You need 1/2 bowl of french beans.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 2 tsp of soya sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli sauce.
- Prepare As needed of water.
The time required varies from an hour to two or three hours, as it depends on the thickness of the mushrooms. Savoury, spicy, sour and hearty, Hot and Sour Soup is completely addictive! This recipe stacks up to the best Chinese restaurants. Hot and Sour soup is a Chinese soup that's savoury, spicy and tangy.
Hot and sour soup instructions
- Take a pan heat the oil add ginger garlic paste and saute it..
- Now add all veggies and saute it..
- Now add water and boil it for 5 mints..
- Add soya sauce,vinegar,red chilli sauce,salt,black pepper, and mix well and cook it..
- Now take a serving bowl add soup..
- Serve hot..
The broth is thickened and it's filled with mushrooms, tofu, bamboo shoots and silky egg ribbons. Hot and sour soup can be found on any takeout menu or Chinese buffet line in the US. It ranges in quality and flavor from awesomely delicious to lukewarm, tasteless, and gloopy. There was a time when I never thought to make it myself and resigned myself to the luck of the draw when it came to ordering it. Hot and Sour Soup is one of my all-time favorite Chinese food recipes, made with pork and tofu in a savory broth that's a little bit hot, a little bit sour, and full of flavor.