Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie.
You can have Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie
- It's of cucumber, skin on and roughly chopped.
- You need of carrots, roughly chopped.
- It's of ginger root, peeled and sliced.
- It's of tumeric root, peeled and chopped *I recommend you use a surface that does not stain for this, because tumeric will leave everything orange and yellow, including your fingers.*.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper (for tumeric absorption).
- You need of baby bok choy, chopped (or 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped).
- Prepare of avocado, scooped out, throw away the pit.
- It's of orange, peeled and sections separated.
- You need of spinach/kale/carrot greens or whatever dark leafy greens you have. However, I learned the hard way not to use arugula, because it makes the smoothie taste like lawn clippings.
- It's of any fresh berries (I used blueberries for this one.).
- It's of apple cider vinegar.
- It's of flax seed oil/walnut oil.
- It's of filtered water, or more as needed for consistency.
- Prepare of large and mighty blender in which to cram it all. It doesn't have to be an expensive one, just big enough to hold all of this, even if you have to hold the lid down.
Healthy Antioxidant Smoothie instructions
- In the order which the ingredients are listed above, cram it all into the blender and start it at its lowest setting to pulverize the heartier ingredients at the bottom. If you have to hold the lid down (as I have on occasion), this will help the contents go down so you can secure the lid and let go..
- After 2 minutes turn it up to its highest setting and let the whole thing puree for 3-5 more minutes..
- If it's too thick, add more filtered water and puree..